Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday Storm

Andy gearing up for a few laps on the snowmobile.


The base area buildings are starting to look festive.

Does anyone know how a hedge fund works? A manager buys a stock or asset at market price, hoping it will go up. Then they buy insurance that will pay them if it goes down. They hope that any movement in the market still makes them money. I hedged my snow bets. A staff member that shall remain nameless bet me $10 that he would have 3 inches of snow in his front yard in town by Monday morning. I figure if it snows then I win, because we got a lot of snow. if it stays dry I at least get a nice lunch on Monday.
The area got about 3 inches overnight in most places. A few places got a little scoured, a few places got some drifting. Andy rolled some of the trails to encourage drifting and prevent scouring further. The area is NOT OPEN yet, but the lead draw gate is unlocked. If you are willing to walk up from the creek gate then go for it. the trails are rough, use a lot of caution and take old skis.
I will head up tomorrow if we get any substantial snow overnight.

No comments: